Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Best Workout Tool


You are looking at a picture of my new toy! It's a 16 kg kettlebell! I'm sure most of you know what this is; it's one of the latest trends in the fitness industry.

That brings us to the question: what is the best workout tool?

Contrary to what you may have been told, there is no best workout tool.

Nope. There isn't a single piece of equipment that will give you every result you desire. Is it possible to get amazing results with just one tool? Absolutely. However, there isn't one that could get you greater results than another. Granted, this is all dependant upon your personal goals and abilities.

What do I use and personally recommend? I say use everything you can.

For example, my workouts include a mix of bodyweight, dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, straps, bands, cables, sandbags, and any other thing available. I will someday incorporate strong man lifts and equipment, tires, sledge hammers, punching bags, sleds, prowlers, ropes, and anything else I can find.

Why?

Why not? Why just use one thing when you can get so much more variety?

I would never want to have to settle for using just one piece of equipment for the rest of my life. New equipment can bring new results, increased performance, and help you to discover any weaknesses you may have. Not to mention, it keeps training fun! Some times we get burned out on doing the same thing; adding in some different pieces of equipment can be refreshing and keep us motivated.

Make sure you don't get caught up in searching to the "next best thing." There isn't one, and there never will be.

3 comments:

Tina said...

We all need help sometimes and when I needed some residential addiction treatment I knew there was help out there.

Brian said...

When we bought our house we knew we needed foundation repair. These guys were quick and professional.

Brian said...

I was facing addiction and wanted to go to a Malibu rehab. These guys are the best and the really know how to help a person grow.