Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pushups, Rows & More Upper Body Stuff

First off, if you haven't checked out the 2nd edition of Beautiful Badasses, you can do so HERE. And please feel free to send me some of your own videos for future BB editions.

First thing this morning I went for a 40 minute walk. It was about 40 degrees outside. I absolutely loved it. ; )

And today's strength training:

1a) TRX Pushups - 4 sets
1b) Inverted Rows w/ Palms Up Grip - 4 sets

TRX pushups are quickly becoming one of my favorite upper body exercises. Not only do they build a strong chest, shoulders, triceps, and core, but they are great for improving shoulder health. If you don't have a TRX, I highly suggest you get one or tell someone to get you one for Christmas. You can get them HERE.

2a) Standing 1 Arm DB Shoulder Press - 3 sets I stood with my feet very close together. This really hammered my abs.
2b) Pullups - 3 sets

3a) Close Grip Floor Press - 4 x 8 (4 sets, 8 reps each)
3b) DB Hammer Curl - 4 sets

As you can see I have increased the number of repetitions performed for each exercise as well as the overall volume. I'm switching things up for a while to see what happens.

No comments: