Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fat Burning Interval Workout

This morning was one of those times when I just didn't "feel like working out." If I wanted to, I could have easily talked myself out of it.

"I've worked out 3 times this week, and I'll train tomorrow."

"I'm eating whole natural foods, so it won't hurt to skip a workout."

That is self defeating talk. If I would have given in this time, I would be much more likely to skip another workout. Instead of skipping a workout that only takes 20 minutes, I did a thorough warm-up and then got to it.

The warm-up made me feel better and more prepared to do my intervals.

Today I did intervals with DB thrusters. Most people think you have to run outside or use a machine to do intervals. Well, you don't. In fact, I prefer to use bodyweight exercises for intervals.

Here's how to do a DB thruster: get two DBs and hold them at your shoulders. Squat down as far as possible with PERFECT form keeping the DBs stabilized at your shoulders. Squat back up and once your are standing staight, press the DBs overhead. Return the DBs to your shoulders and repeat. It should look like one smooth motion, not 2 separate moves. As soon are you are almost locked out from the squat, start to press the DBs up.

I did the DB thrusters for 30 seconds and then rested for 60 seconds. I did 10 rounds.

This workout will help you burn more fat and scuplt your body better than slow cardio ever could.

No comments: