Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fasting for Fat Loss


I’m sure you have heard about people who fast to lose fat. Heck, maybe you’ve even considered it or tried it for yourself.

The method I am most common with is intermittent fasting: you fast for about 24 hours once or twice a week. During the fast you can drink calorie free beverages, but you don’t eat.

Now before you say, “That is just crazy/stupid,” keep reading. I will admit it now: fasting is not for everyone, but neither is eating 5-6 small meals every day! I’ve told you before and I will never change my opinion on this: there is no perfect eating pattern for everyone. You must find what fits you and your lifestyle.

The only method of fasting I would recommend is Eat Stop Eat. The author, Brad Pilon, has taken every precaution and has studied this at length. His fasting methods have helped thousands of people lose unwanted fat. And I’ll admit it now: this is the only diet I have ever heard of that saves you money. Brad explains in his book that there are other health benefits associated with fasting.

If you are looking for an effortless way to lose fat, then I highly recommend you check out Eat Stop Eat. I have used it myself, and it definitely is very easy to use and follow. The best part is that you don’t have to spend time making food and cleaning up your mess!

Fasting is also very convenient when you are traveling. Instead of being tempted to eat fast food or other less-healthy options, you just fast during that time. That’s just a little “food for thought.” (Sorry, I couldn’t resist!)

There are several eating habits you can follow:

1)5-6 small meals throughout the day
2)3 large meals
3)3 smaller meals and a snack or two
4)2 large meals
5)1 large meal
6)Intermittent Fasting

. . . and I’m sure there are more

If you’re not happy with your current eating patterns, you should check out Eat Stop Eat. It very well could be the easiest “diet” you ever try.

If you do try intermittent fasting, I would recommend you contact me. There are a couple of areas where I have a different opinion then Brad: send me an email if you’re interested.

As always, before you make diet or exercise changes, consult with your physician.

No comments: