Sunday, April 5, 2009

SPF KY State Championship

Yesterday I lifted at the Southern Powerlifting Federation Kentucky State Championship. I competed in the Juniors division (20-23) in the 123 pound weight class. Below is a video of my 300 pound deadlift.



Here's a video of my 145 pound bench press. I still don't know what went wrong here. I have lifted this weight numerous times. I think part of the problem was using a new bench, and my form is not nearly as good as with my deadlift. It took a while, but I got it up!



This is just an example of why women should lift heavy. As you can see in the videos I am not big and bulky as some people might expect. Ever since I started lifting heavy weights, my physique has improved. I'm leaner, stronger, and healthier.

Don't be afraid to lift heavy. It will help you build a better body, in more ways than one.

No comments: