Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fat Loss on the Road

I'm currently enjoying a wonderful vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The weather is beautiful and I couldn't have more fun if I tried.

However, I'm taking it easy today and won't be in the sun very much. Just so you know, spray sunscreen doesn't work all that well. I thought I applied it very liberally throughout the day, but I was surprised with an interesting sunburn!

I had nice little patches and streaks of a sunburn. Needless to say, I switched over to the good ole fashioned lotion sunscreen.

We recorded a few videos that demonstrate workouts you can do at hotel gyms with minimal equipment. I used only bodyweight and dumbbells; those videos will be posted soon. You'll have to excuse the sunburn. : )

Today's Fat Loss Lesson:
Be consistent. There will be days when you are very busy and may not be able to find time to get to the gym. Instead of skipping a workout all together, do a bodyweight workout at home. If you can only spend 20 minutes at the gym, make them productive! Perform compound movements with very minimal rest.

If you're on vacation or traveling, make use of the facilities or do bodyweight workouts.

There are no excuses for not staying active. You do not need a gym to lose fat and build a strong, athletic body.

I'm going to record a few more videos that use only bodyweight exercises. When you see those, you'll realize you can get in a great workout anytime, any place.

FYI: boiled peanuts are amazing. If you're down South, I highly recommend you give them a try, along with the local produce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the spray sun block is good for "touching up" a couple of hours after initially lathering up with the lotion. Especially if you have sand all over you.

Ben