Monday, February 21, 2011

Back at It

So after a not-so-great week of training last week, I was excited to change things up this week and get back to lifting hard and heavy, and with enthusiasm.

The main change in my training is that I am going back to total body training for a while. I'll be lifting 3 days per week, and I'll throw in some hill sprints a few times per week.

Here's a video with some highlights from today's training session.


1)Press - 80x3, 85x2x3, and 65x12

2a) Chinups - 4x10
2b) Glute Bridge - 125x3x10
2c) Bodyweight Extensions - 4x12

3) Hill Sprints - 7x

Great change of pace and I'm looking forward to the rest of the training days this week. Tomorrow, however, will be an off day. I'll probably go for a brisk walk in the morning and then spend some time playing with my dog.

3 comments:

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

I recall you talking about using a false grip on Standing (Military) Presses.

Are you doing that here, and, if so, how is it in comparison to a regular grip regarding ease of use and ability to work a muscle group?

Thx.

Nia Shanks said...

Yes, I use the false grip. No difference with working the muscles, I think it's just a personal preference.

babymuscles said...

I love your site. I found you through Figure Athlete and Olicious life. Thank you for empowering women :)

http://healthyfitnessgoals.blogspot.com/