Thursday, February 3, 2011

Squats & Deadlifts

It was in the 20's when I headed outside to train today. That means I had on thermals, two pairs of pants, a long sleeved shirt, a hoodie, and a beanie. It kept me very warm.

I still suck at squats, but they are slowly but surely coming along. It still feels very unnatural stopping that short - performing a full squat feels much more natural to me.

1) Squat - worked up to 115x10 and 165x1

2a) Deadlift off 2" Board - 150x5x10
2b) Ab Wheel Rollout - 5 sets 11-10 reps each set

That was more than enough for today. But I will head back out to the garage and do some shrugs later.

Make sure you check out Processed Food Confusion to clear up some nutrition information.

2 comments:

(what runs) Lori said...

Awesome form on the squats. It's nice to see other people's form on those. Strong even to the last rep.

I'm new to reading your blog but LOVE the concept! Women SHOULD lift heavy.

Nia Shanks said...

Thanks! I'm working on them. Definitely not my best lift, and that needs to change.

Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you like the info!