Friday, January 21, 2011

This Week's Training Highlights

Here is a training highlight from this week's workouts.



Things are coming along nicely. I'm still using less weight on squats while focusing on my form since I tweaked my stance and squat depth.

It was a nice 20 degrees this week, so I was wearing multiple layers of clothes, but I loved every second of it!

Today's Training
1a) Press - 80x5, 90x 2 singles
1b) Neutral Grip Chins

2a) Parallel Bar Dips - 5 sets
2b) TRX Inverted Row - 5 sets

3) Hill Sprints in the Snow! - 6 sprints

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your workout video session. Also I like your new power cage, which a basic cage is only needed to do good effective exercises. I checked the cage out at Amazon, which is within my budget.. My question will this accommodate my 5'5" height if I do the standing press exercise like in your video?

Sharon L.

Nia Shanks said...

Sharon-
I am 5'6" and don't have a problem pressing in the rack, as long as I'm centered. But, I also train in Vibram FiveFinger shoes which don't add much to my height.

But keep in mind you can also set the bar up on the outside of the rack for presses - I didn't do this because I was performing chins between my sets of presses.

I love this power rack. Hope that helps!