Monday, March 16, 2009

1000 pound woman?



I flipped on the TV a few minutes ago to check the local weather and traffic reports. I stumbled across a very interesting show. There was a lady on the show and her main goal in life is to weigh 1000 pounds. She wants to be the heaviest woman in the world. The man she is with wants the same thing, and he is “helping” her. She estimated that she currently weighed about 600 pounds but wasn’t sure. Every scale she got on broke.

To see how much she weighed she got on a scale. Her boyfriend had to help her step up on the 4 inch platform. She weighed in at about 513 pounds. Her reaction was, “Wow. That is totally depressing.” She was upset because she lost weight. She almost started to cry.

Wow. Are you friggin’ kidding me?

She had a baby recently and during her pregnancy she got diagnosed with gestational diabetes. This woman is literally doing everything she can to gain weight, no matter what the risks. I should have kept watching to see who her sponsors were. I'm not sure but I'm guessing McDonalds, Krispy Cream, Crisco, and Little Debbie.

I hope you’re as shocked as I am. I truly cannot fathom this.

I wish you luck lady. I hope you reach your 1000 pound goal before you develop diabetes (it will be harder to gain weight if you lose your feet), have a massive heart attack, or have a stroke or any of the other terrible and likely health complications you are going to face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous! I watched a show on TLC last week or so, Half-ton Mom. She weight 841 pounds or so and had gastric bypass surgery. She lost 60 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but then suddenly died from cardiac arrest. She left behind 2 daughters. So sad!