Monday, March 9, 2009

Gym Lesson and Lower Body Workout

Today's Gym Lesson:

This happened to me a couple of months ago. Never, and I mean never touch someone while they are lifting!

I just started a set of weighted dips and a woman comes right beside me. I had my music playing so I couldn't hear what she was saying. Not like I wanted to, I was in the middle of a heavy set!

So instead of waiting 10 seconds to speak to me, she starts to poke my shoulder while I'm doing dips! I stopped in the middle of my set, took out my ear phones, and looked at her in shock. She wanted to know if I was almost done. I managed to stutter, "Uh, yeah."

I was so amazed that someone could be so rude. Not only was it rude, but dangerous.

On to today's training session:

1a) Front Squat 85x2x5, 95x3x5
1b) Seated Calf Raises 50x4x12

2) Speed Sumo Deadlift 135x10x3

3) 1 Leg RDL 35x3x10

4) Glute Ham Raise 4x10

5a) Stability Ball Knee Tuck 3x12
5b) Stability Ball Roll Out 3x12

I finished off with a few singles on the bench press. I did this just to work on my technique. Thankfully, no one poked me on the shoulder during my workout.

No comments: