Sunday, March 15, 2009

12 Things I Like

1) Cottage cheese with orange pieces broken in it. I’m a creature of habit. I’ll probably eat this most days of the week until I absolutely hate it.

2) Rockin’ out to 70’s and 80’s music while I train. Here lately that’s all I’ve been listening to. You just can’t replace the classics.

3) Lifting heavy stuff! I recently broke my deadlift PR. Women are generally afraid to lift anything “heavy” because they are afraid they’ll bulk up within 5 minutes of putting down the weight. Lifting heavy has done nothing but improve my physique. I look more dense and I have even lost a few pounds of fat. Please, ladies, do not be afraid to lift heavy. You will not turn into a she-man over night.

4) Digital picture frames. I bought one for my best friend for Christmas. We have put all kinds of pictures on there. It’s like looking at an entire photo album throughout the day!

5) University of Tennessee football. Well, I have always liked UT football, but hopefully Kiffin and his staff can turn things around. Tennessee football just hasn’t been the same the past few years.



6) I Pod. The music they have on at the gym is loathsome. There is something so wrong about trying to pull a 3 rep max deadlift while a Britney Spears song is blaring in the background.

7) Boxers (the animal). I have had my boxer for 4 years now. She is my first big dog. Before her I had a miniature dachshund for 12 years. Now this dog is so incredibly goofy! Even if I had a bad day, this dog can still find a way to put a smile on my face. Not only that, but I love that she is so territorial! If someone she doesn’t know comes near us, her fur stands on end from the top of her head to the tip of her tail (what’s left of it). It’s enough to make the people get far away. Good dog.



8) Heine Brothers Coffee Stout from Bluegrass Brewing Company. It tastes like Guinness Draught with a hint of coffee.

9) Watching infomercials on Saturday mornings that bring tears to my eyes from laughter. Are these people serious? It just goes to show that you don’t have to be the least bit intelligent or experienced to put out some “workout” DVDs. Oh, and I love when they use phrases like “side abs.” I’m not quite sure, but if I can recall from high school anatomy, I believe the correct word is obliques.

10) Family Guy. The times I do sit down to watch TV it is usually a comedy of some sorts. Family Guy just has some great episodes that keep me laughing the entire time.

11) Mike Roberson’s website: www.robertsontrainingsystems.com Mike is definitely one of the best in the business. His blog is full of great information and you can even get your hands on some of his products. I’m going to have the privilege of getting a personal assessment at his and Bill Hartman’s I-FAST facility.

12) My home-made atomic chilli. I don't intend for it to get as hot as it does, but it's still incredibly good. I really should turn the temperature down to 60 degrees in my apartment. . . or soak my feet in ice water while eating this.



What do you like? Leave comments below.

No comments: