Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Hill Sprints & Upper Body Workout

Yesterday was an excellent day, training, eating, and everything else.

AM Conditioning:
Hill Sprints - ran the large hill at about 70% intensity 7 times

I much prefer to run hill sprints on an empty stomach. Having run hill sprints the night before reaffirmed that fact. : )

PM Strength Training:
1a) Floor Press - 110x3x5 (110 pound, 3 sets, 5 reps)
1b) Weight Chinups - 10x3x5 (bodyweight + 10 pounds)

2a) Weighted pushups - 25x2x10, 15x3x10
2b) Bent Over BB Rows - 100x3x10, 95x2x10

After that I did a few sets of curls and triceps extensions.

Okay, as far as what I ate yesterday:

Morning after sprints - fruit and spinach/kale shake: mixed frozen berries, mango, blueberries, banana, spinach and kale. I also ate some scrambled eggs.

Afternoon - same shake that I had in the morning and some cashews and almonds. It's definitely time to go to the store. : )

Dinner post workout - leftover Jamacian Picadillo and frosted mini wheats with almond milk. Yummy goodness.

This morning I went for an easy 45 minute walk.

Training is going very well. I'm getting stronger which is the goal, so everything is working just fine.

No comments: