Monday, July 5, 2010

Squats and Deadlifts

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. I had a great time hanging out with the family and enjoying some good food.

I was going to run hill sprints this morning, but since I stayed up later than usual last night I decided to go for an easy 60 minute walk instead. I'll do the hill sprints tomorrow.

Today's workout went very well:

1) Squats - 135x5x3 (135 pounds, 5 sets, 3 reps), 115x5 I kept the weight lighter than usual because I'm running hills 3 times per week, and I'm really focusing on my form and speed.

2) Deadlifts on 4 Inch Step - 155x2x10, 145x10, 135x2x10 Nothing too crazy here. Just did lighter weight with a higher volume for a change of pace.

3) Hanging Leg Raises - 4 sets

I'll go ahead and share what I ate today too.

Morning meal after walk -- fruit and spinach shake: frozen mixed berries, fresh pineapple, banana, a scoop of pea protein powder, and a couple large hand fulls of fresh spinach. Tasted awesome. I promise you can't even taste the spinach.

Afternoon -- two bananas, fresh strawberries and blueberries, handful of cashews

Dinner after workout -- Jamacian Picadillo (I might post this recipe soon) This is made with various spices, blackeye peas, brown rice, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeno, green peas, almonds, onions, and raisins. It sounds weird, but it's delicious.

I also had a small bowl of frosted mini wheats with almond milk, simply because I'm addicted to it.

That was it for today. Time to rest up, enjoy the evening with my baby and my dog, and get ready for hill sprints tomorrow. : )

No comments: