Monday, August 16, 2010

Deadlifts, Dips, and Burpees

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed mine.

Today's training session went well, but my deadlift is still not where it should be.

1) Deadlift - 245 x 5 singles, 205 x 10

2) Weighted Parallel Bar Dips - 25 x 7, 35 x 3, 10 x 10

3) Decline Situps - 3 sets

4) Burpees - 5 x 12 x 50 (5 sets, 12 reps each, rest 50 seconds between sets) These set my lungs on fire.

That training session may look easy, but it definitely wasn't. That's the way I like it.

; )

2 comments:

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

You said: (""but my deadlift is still not where it should be."")

you only waited 7 days to deadlift heavy again, instead of around 10 or 14, which I recall you and others sometimes advocate - that may be a factor to your performance.

(If either impatience or miscalculation was a factor, I admit I sometimes am guilty of both.)

(-:

Nia Shanks said...

Yes, you're right. I used to deadlift every 10 days instead of every 7. However, I have greatly reduced my lower body training volume and so I am training my deadlift every Monday.

If things don't improve, then I'll definitely change things up. ; )