Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to Training

So, I deloaded last week.

I ran hill sprints 3 times last week and played some racquetball, but that was it. My body was in desperate need of rest and recovery.

But today I am back at it. : )

This morning I went for a 35 minute brisk walk to get the day started.

Here's what I just finished up at the gym:

1a) Standing BB Press - 80 x 7, 75 x 7, 65 x 8
1b) Chinups - Bodyweight + 10 lb x 7, bodyweight x 2 x 8 (bodyweight, 2 sets, 8 reps each)

2a) Parallel Bar Dips - 3 x 8
2b) Inverted Row - 3 sets

3a) Bodyweight Extensions - 3 x 10
3b) DB Curl - 3 sets

I didn't feel incredibly strong today, but that's usually the case my first week back after a deload. Everything felt fine but I was just thankful to be lifting some weights again.

During this training phase I'm going to keep the weight a little lighter on every training day excepting when I deadlift. I really want to get my deadlift up as much as possible so I'm going to cut back on everything else to make sure that happens.

Tomorrow it's back to deadlifting.

No comments: