Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time to Deload

As much as I hate to do it, it's time for a deload week.

I won't lie. I hate deloading. I would love to train hard and heavy every week, forever. But, that simply can't happen without bad consequences.

It's been too long since my last deload, so this week I'm taking it easy.

Yesterday I did a very light and easy bodyweight upper body warm-up. Today and for the rest of the week, however, I think I'm going to ditch the gym all together and give my body a break from lifting. I haven't done that in months, if not more than a year.

So this week I'm going to run some hill sprints and play a lot of racquetball.

I'll keep you updated on what all I do this deload week.

It's only Tuesday and I'm already looking forward to next Monday so I can lift something HEAVY!

No comments: