Monday, January 31, 2011

Deadlifting

Since I'm taking next week off from strength training all together, I'm going hard and heavy this week. Next week we'll be having fun in the snow. Instead of snowboarding, I'm going to give skiboarding a try. Looks like a ton of fun.

1) Deadlift - 215x7, 265x1

2a) Full Squat - 5x10
2b) Hanging Leg Raise - 5x6

In a little I'm going to head back out to the garage for some barbell shrugs.

In other exciting news, we have been house hunting for a few months now, and hopefully that will all be over with this week. We'll see . . .

3 comments:

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

I know this is a dumb question, but I honestly was wondering:

Why are the lighting conditions so much different between deadlift sets?

Did you simply wait several minutes between sets and turn on the lights? (I ask because it gave the impression that you waited a few hours between sets -and had to ruen on the lights because it was getting dark.)

Nia Shanks said...

Just turned on the lights between sets.

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

Ah, thx 4 replying here!

I was thinking you *maybe* used some new 'Russion Workout Secret' here to pull more wieght in your last set of 1 -by *maybe* waiting an extra length of time between sets.

I'm glad to know what works -and what doesn't (thx again!) --helps us novice beginners in planning *our* workout sessions!