Friday, March 18, 2011

I Love Deadlifts

Yep. I loooove me some deadlifts.

Deadlifts are amazing because they are one of the best overall tests of strength, and there is no cheating when it comes to the deadlift. Either you pick the weight up off the ground and lock it out, or you don't. There are no half reps like when some people claim to squat 500 pounds or bench press 315 when they only lower the weight about half way.

I friggin' <3 deadlifts.

Anyway . . . on to today's training session:

1) Sumo Deadlift - 265x3 singles, 275x1 single, and 285 x 1 single
These felt great today. I actually tweaked my form a little bit. I put my feet out a little wider and used a more narrow grip on the bar. In fact, my hands weren't on any of the knurling. This felt good and I'm going to stick with this new stance and grip.

2a) Barbell Hip Thrust - 135x10, 145x2x8
2b) Negative Ab Wheel Rollout - 2 sets

Tonight I'm going to do some floor presses and rows. I'll post that next week.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah man deadlifts. I like how you put it, you either lift it all the way, or you don't. Do or Do Not, there is no try (Yoda lol).

I agree they are a great way to test yourself, I throw some in every week.

Alpha Omega Prophecy said...

Almost free blogger website traffic promotion software 200 meg

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/163960490-the-best-seo-internet-marketing-software

Unknown said...

Sex is an essential part of human relationships; it is an alpha and omega of any romantic relationship, including the online dates as well. Therefore, no wonder if searching for Ukrainian bride you would want to learn more on what is the attitude of Ukrainian women towards sex.
Moreover, besides being one of the corner stones of romantic relationships, sex is also a part of any culture. Different cultures have developed different perceptions of sex and have assigned to it certain value and guidelines for people to follow in those societies.

If you want to know more click this link,
Ukrainian brides