Thursday, February 11, 2010

Great Lower Body Workout Today

Well, I still have a cold, but it's practically gone. Thank goodness.

I was wondering how well today's workout would go because I would normally perform it tomorrow. But as I mentioned previously, I'll be in Nashville this weekend so I had to change up my training schedule.

First I jumped rope and went through several mobility drills and stretched my hip flexors.

1) Close Stance Speed Box Squat - 80x10x2

2) Speed Conventional Deadlift - 145x10x1 These felt great today.

3) Step Up w/ DBs - 20x2x11, 10x2x12

4) Pull Thrus - 130x15, 140x2x12, 150x10

5) Standing Cable Abs - 4 sets

Today was one of those days where everything felt amazing. Because of that fact I did four sets for the step ups and pull thrus. Take advantage of the days that you feel invincible, and adjust things on the days you don't.

Every workout won't be perfect, and your body won't perform optimally every day. Accept that fact and learn how to train with your body, not against it.

If you want more training and nutrition information, don't forget to check out The Fat Solutions.

No comments: