Monday, February 8, 2010

Squat Day

After enjoying a great lazy-day Super Bowl Sunday, it was time to get back to the gym.

I'm still battling a cold, but my past few training sessions have gone really well despite not being 100%.

1) Squat - worked up to 175 for two singles; 165x4x1

2) Barbell Reverse Lunges - 85x10/10, 90x8

3) SB SHELC - single leg x 12, both legs x16/13

4a) Pallof Press w/ 4 second hold - 30x2x10 each side
4b) Sprinter Sit-ups - 2x20

I've been asked several times about "the best thing to take post workout". First of all I tell people to save their money and not buy some premade mix. You can get sugar and protein for a lot less money.

Lately I've been mixing 8 ounces of pineapple juice, 8 ounces of water, and one scoop of rice or pea protein powder. It tastes good, it's cheap, and it gets the job done.

No comments: