Friday, February 12, 2010

Speed Bench, Floor Press, Pull-ups and More

I have to admit that I much prefer my typical training routine.

Monday - Max Effort Lower
Tuesday - Conditioning/Mobility Drills
Wednesday - Max Effort Upper
Thursday - Conditioning/Mobility Drills
Friday - Dynamic Lower
Saturday - Dynamic Upper
Sunday - Off

However, I had to switch my training to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday this week since I'm heading off to Nashville this evening. I'll be back on track Monday.

Today's Dynamic Upper Body Session:

1) Speed Bench 80x10x3

2) DB Floor Press 50x2x11, 45x13/12

3a) Medium Grip Pull-ups - w/ 10lb plate 2x5, bodyweightx6
switched to wide grip pulldown - 100x9/8

3b) Bent Over Lateral Raise 15lb DBs for 6 sets

Yes, I know I did a lot of volume for my back, but lately my back has been responding better to higher volume and lower intensity.

4) Seated DB Overhead Press (I'm doing seated overhead presses to keep some of the stress off my lower back) 35x9, 30x11, 25x12

5a) DB Hammer Curls 25x2x8, 20x11
5b) Incline Tate Press 20x10/9, 15x15

Make sure you check out today's post at my blog. You'll get a great lentil soup recipe along with some other random stuff => Random Friday Ramblings

No comments: