Friday, April 30, 2010

Hill Sprints & Upper Body Training

Quick note: I announced on Facebook the other day that I had a live interview last night. For those of you who weren't able to attend, I'll have the replay available soon.

Today's training session . . .

AM Conditioning:
Hill Sprints

I did things a little differently today. Instead of resting for a specified period of time between sprints (example: 90 seconds), I performed 8 sprints taking rest as needed, and it it took 14:40. The reason I did it this way is because at first I don't need much rest and don't like waiting around to sprint when I feel ready, but as things progress I need more rest.

PM Strength Training:
I had to do my strength training session a few hours earlier today, and as a result I didn't get much rest between my AM conditioning workout and my strength training.

1a) Parallel Bar Dips with added weight (I was supposed to do bench press, but my training partner wasn't with me today) - 25x5, 40x1, 30x5, 40x1, 10x10
Note: I wouldn't recommend heavy dips to everyone, but my shoulders are healthy and I have never had a problem going heavy with this exercise
1b) Barbell Bent Over Row - 115x5, 125x2, 115x5, 130x2, 100x12

2a) Close Grip Pullup - 10lbs x 7, Bodyweight x 8
2b) 1 Arm DB Overhead Press - 35x7, 30x11

That was it for today since I had to get in and get out of the gym.

No comments: