Thursday, June 3, 2010

Conditioning, Upper Body Workout, and Reach

Yesterday was an excellent day overall. My training session also went very well, and then we followed that up with a great dinner - vegetarian stuffed peppers. Absolutely delicious.

Not only did I have a great training session yesterday, but my training partner did too. She performed two bodyweight chin-ups for the first time! I knew she could get one, but I was really impressed when she busted out two. : )

Also last night I measured my reach. I am 5'6", which is 66 inches tall. My reach is 68.5 inches. That explains why my upper body strength isn't as great as my lower body. But having such long arms definitely helps in the deadlift, so it's all good.

Anyway, here is yesterday's workout.

AM Conditioning Session:
1a) KB Swing 35lb - 4x20
1b) Burpees - 4x12
Rest 90 seconds between sets

PM Strength Training:
1a) Medium Grip Pullup - 10 pounds added x 6, bodyweight x 9/8
1b) Barbell Clean and Press - 95x2x6, 85x9

2a) Weighted Pushup - 35x9, 25x12/10
2b) Palms Up Inverted Row - 10x12, 15x2x8, bodyweightx13

3) 1 Arm Plank - 2x30 seconds

Make sure you check out Are You an Outsider? over at The Fat Solutions.

No comments: