Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Program

Last week I didn't even train on Friday because I felt that I would recover better if I just took one day completely off from training. It definitely helped because yesterday's training session went very well.

AM Conditioning:
Hill Sprints - 10 total.

I ran the smaller hill at the park, and I ran at about 80-85% of what I could sprint. I also used my new cleats for the first time. If you run hill sprints, cleats are your best friend.

PM Strength Training:
1a) Floor Press - 105 x 3 x 5 (105 pounds, 3 sets, 5 reps each) I suck at floor presses, so I'm going to stick with them for a while and see if it helps my bench press. It was probably an 8 or 9 rep max, but I'm focusing on exploding through each rep.

1b) Chinups - 3 easy sets

2a) Weighted Pushups - 5 sets
2b) Deadstop BB Bent Over Rows - 95x5x10

3a) DB Triceps Extension - 15x12/10/10
3b) DB Curl - 20x10/8/8

The workout got done in about 45 minutes. I'm going to keep all my training sessions within a 30-45 minute range and no more. That does not include warm-ups.

Check out today's blog post at The Fat Solutions => How to Have More Energy and Sleep Better.

No comments: