Monday, October 20, 2008

Get Strong for Fat Loss

One of my goals in this business is to show women that training for strength is a great way to obtain fat loss. By getting stronger you force your body to constantly progress and do more work. By constantly increasing your performance, your body must constantly adapt to the new stimulus: this brings aesthetic results. Apart from that, training for strength can be fun!

The workouts I have been posting are geared towards my personal goals. You don't have to do exactly this, but I guarantee if you did that you would get great results.

1a) BB Military Press 75x2x6, 85x2x2
1b) Parallel Chin Up w/10lb DB 2x5, w/ 20lb DB 2x2
2a) DB Bench 45x2x9, 35x15 (I did a lighter set at the end for fun)
2b) Reverse Grip BB Row 110x2x8, 90x15
3a) DB Tricep Ext 20x8, 7
3b) BB Curl 55x2x5
Finisher: 50 BW Squats

I know lifting heavy can be intimidating. I must tell you, though, any woman I have introduced to lifting heavy LOVES it. It's empowering to see what your body is capable of.

Don't be intimidated by the men in the weight room. Get in there and claim your spot.

No comments: