Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lower Body Workout

Deadlifts just didn't feel that great today. I still managed to set PRs on the other lifts, though.

1) Deadlift 225x4, 2 Then I did 6 singles
2a) Pistol w/ 10lb DB 2x7
2b) Seated Calf Raise w/ 5 second pause 35x10, 45x8
3) Double DB Swing 25x2x12 These are one of my favorite exercises for hitting the posterior chain

I must admit, a lot of women see how much weight I lift and automatically think I'm going to tell them to do the same thing. Yes, I definitely encourage women to get stronger, but I don't expect them to deadlift twice their body weight, unless of course the want to. My personal goal is to get stronger on certain lifts, and that's what I'm training for.

I think we need to change the mind set from "lose fat" to "get stronger." Every time we go to the gym, our focus should be on beating our previous workout. Oh yeah, you ARE writing down your workouts, right? If you don't keep a training journal, how will you know what you did the time before? Keep a training journal. Track everything you do. Then beat it.

Use more weight.
Do more reps with the same weight.
Do more work in less time (shorten the rest periods).

ALWAYS increase your performance. This is the fastest way to results.

No comments: