Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Testimonial


Tammi was one of my first clients. We have had many great training sessions together! : )
Here's what she had to say:
When I met Nia, I was an out of shape, over-weight, mother of 4 small children (ages 1,2,3 and 4 at the time). I was frustrated with my life and the lack of energy I had. I was always considered a thin and even "skinny" girl; managing weight had never been an issue in my life. I am not sure that I ever weighed above 108, even thought I wasn’t at all what you could consider muscular or even well toned.

I have to credit Nia with giving me my life back, and the term "giving me my life back" doesn’t really fit because it was more like she helped me achieve a whole new life. I am now a firm believer in "strong body=strong mind." Working out has given me a confidence in myself that I have never had. I have a figure in my 30's that is much better than what I had in my 20's or even my teens. The energy that came with this new workout and lifestyle is amazing. Keeping up with my 4 kids is now a breeze and I don’t ever again have to worry about "how to get up the stairs" again because I felt so out of shape.

Nia helped me become disciplined and also helped me to learn more about weight lifting and a healthy lifestyle in general. She always made sure I used the proper form in all exercises, which is really important. When you are working toward a goal you sure don’t want to be sidelined with an injury. She also made working out fun. I looked forward to the gym and the way she would change our routines so my body wouldn’t adjust and quit responding. It was exciting to see the changes that our work outs made. It was also wonderful to have energy and to feel so good.

I can never thank her enough for the encouragement she gave me that kept me with it and kept me sticking to my gym routine. Under her direction, I won several pageants including Mrs. Purchase Area 06, Mrs. Kentucky USA International 06 and Top 10 at Mrs. USA International, and Mrs. Kentucky America 4th runner up 07 and 1st runner up 08. I am currently working with her on some new routines and am considering competing in Bikini America and Figure. I have come a long, long way from that frustrated, defeated mom of four whose husband told her she was "heavy."

I cannot say enough about Nia and the programs she has put together for me. I encourage you to start your own journey today....you never know where it will take you.

No comments: