Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to the Weights

I didn't post Friday's workout. I basically repeated Monday's workout but did more reps for each exercise. Instead of doing an upper body workout on Saturday, I just went for a walk at a near by park.

Today it was back to lifting weights. I felt great and was ready to go, but for some reason my body wasn't feeling the heavy deadlifts. Because of that I decided to do a few sets of rack pulls. It was an okay day, but not what I was wanting.

1) Rack Pull - 275x3, 285x1/1

2) Back Squat - 135x6/4, 115x10 (Haven't squatted in a while, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't do as well as I wanted)

3a) Pull Through - 150x2x15

3b) Hanging Leg Raises - 2x8

4) Advanced Burpees (burpee + push-up) 10/7/7 with 60 seconds rest between rounds.

Today's training session make me realize I need to do things differently. This week I'm going to come up with a new plan of action. We'll see how things turn out.

Make sure you check out my interview with Jason Ferruggia. He shares some excellent training information for men and women that you can apply to your training today.

You can find that here => Interview with the Renegade

I highly recommend you check out that interview. Jason even shares information on his new strength training program.

No comments: