Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back to Deadlifting

It was great to lift (or I should say pull) some heavy weight yesterday.

After a much needed deload week, I was back to training hard and heavy.

1) Conventional Deadlift - worked up to 275 for two singles, and then did a few singles at 265 and 255. That was a PR for the conventional deadlift, so I was very happy with it.

2) Snatch Grip Deadlift - 205x3, 225x3

3) Front Squat - 85x11/10, 90x10

4a) Natural Glute Ham Raise - 3x8

4b) Dragon Fly - 10/7/6 - these are damn tough

For today's activity I just played with my dog a few times and then went for a 30 minute walk in a hilly neighborhood. Simple. Enjoyable.

Last night I made a Quinoa Loaf. It sounds a little weird, but it was very good. I'll post the recipe over at The Fat Solutions tomorrow.


I've been asked about what I do on off days or for conditioning work. Right now I'm going to keep it to light activity, such as playing soccer with my dog and walking. I want all of my energy and focus to go into my strength training sessions, so I don't want to do too much on off days to risk taking away from that.


If I just feel like I'm going to bounce off the walls I'll throw in some burpee and kettlebell snatch intervals.


Tomorrow is max effort upper body day. I'm ready!

No comments: