Monday, March 8, 2010

Sumo Deadlift PR - 305!

Today's training session went incredibly well because I set a new sumo deadlift PR - 305!

In about a month or so I plan on ripping 315 off the ground. Today's 305 came up easy, but my set up wasn't perfect. Once I went down to grab the bar, I grabbed my right pant leg and had to re-adjust my hand. Because of that I stayed down longer than I wanted to before I pulled.

The smart thing would have been to reset, but I was already in the zone and there was no turning back.

Here's the video:



After pulling the 305, I did a few more singles with 285 and 275.

As for the rest of my training session . . .

2) Front Squat - 90x12, 95x10

3a) Natural Glute Ham Raises - 2x10

3b) Dragon Flys - 10/8

Right now I am experimenting with keeping my training volume lower than usual. On most days I am only going to perform two all out sets for my accessory exercises. The exceptions are back exercises - rows, pull-ups, face pulls, etc where I'll perform at least three sets.

If I feel like I have a ton of energy, then I'll do an extra set or two for my accessory exercises.

I talk about "listening to your body" when you train in today's blog post over at The Fat Solutions along with some other random stuff. Check that out here => Cooking, Training, Eating, and Pull-ups.

1 comment:

Ihab said...

Nice PR!

Try to keep your but down at the bottom/beginning of the lift and drive through your heels.