Thursday, March 18, 2010

Conditioning Work: Burpees

I have a love/hate relationship with burpees.

They are fast and effective for improving my conditioning and keeping body fat in check or reducing it, they can be done anywhere, and they don't take much time at all to do - that part I love.

They also set my lungs on fire and make me want to collapse on the floor into a pile of goo - that part I don't love quite so much.

With that said, I did a quick burpee workout outside today because it's very sunny and warm. Getting outside and training is awesome. Highly recommended.

15 Burpees, Rest 60 seconds - 5 rounds

10 Burpees, Rest 60 seconds - 5 rounds

Fast. Effective.

My conditioning has gone down quite a bit because I haven't made it a priority like I have in the past. However, I'm going to perform two conditioning workouts per week and see if it has a negative impact on my strength gains. If so, I'll make adjustments from there.

No comments: