Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Upper Body Bodyweight Workout

Yesterday I planned on doing some bodyweight interval training, but since it was such a beautiful day I went for a nice long walk instead.

Today I did an upper body bodyweight workout, which was my second deload workout this week.

I must admit there was a time when I thought about doing nothing but bodyweight training. Well . . . that thought didn't last too long. While it's a great change of pace and allows me to train outside (which I love), I absolutely LOVE lifting heavy weight. Needless to say I'm looking forward to Monday so I can deadlift again.

1a) TRX Pull-ups -- 3 sets

1b) Modified Handstand Push-ups (feet on chair) -- 3 sets

2a) TRX Inverted Rows -- 4 sets

2b) Push-ups with different hand positions -- 4 sets

I can't speak highly enough about the TRX. It allows you to kick your bodyweight training up a notch and do some exercises you otherwise couldn't.

If you train at home or want to train outside in the beautiful Spring and Summer weather, I highly suggest you invest in a TRX. Check it out HERE.

Oh, and don't forget to check out yesterday's post over at The Fat Solutions. I share some "fun" gym stories. After reading it, make sure you share yours as well.

=> Training Mishaps

No comments: