Friday, March 5, 2010

Speed Deadlifting and Listening to Your Body

Today's training session started off strong, but it was just one of those days where my body wasn't feeling it. As a result I didn't do as well as I wanted to on the good mornings. I just couldn't get in the groove for that exercise, but everything else went well.

1) Speed Sumo Deadlift on 4" Step - 145x10x1

2) Trap Bar Deadlift on 4" Step (did this one just for fun) - 185x10

3) Good Mornings - 3 sets, but none felt quite right

4) Bulgarian Split Squats w/ DBs - 15x2x12

5) Cable Abs - 2 sets

It was obviously a lower volume day, and I probably should have left out the set of trap bar deadlifts, but I wanted to do a little more pulling today.

Today was an example of when you need to listen to your body. Some days you may not be able to get in the groove. Some days you may fatigue quickly. Your body will never perform at 100 percent every day for an extended period of time.

I used to get very frustrated on these days, but I finally accepted that it happens. I did what I could today without killing myself, and the next day that I feel incredible, I'll be sure to take advantage of it.

No comments: