Friday, September 3, 2010

Got Squats?

Just finished up the last training session of this week.

1) Squat - 155 x 3 singles, 145 x 2 x4 (145 lbs, 2 sets, 4 reps each), 125 x 8, 115 x 10

2) Negative Ab Wheel Rollout - 9/8/7
In case you're wondering what this one looks like, here's Bret Contreras performing the exercise:

Great exercise, but very tough.

3) Finisher: DB Swing - 45 x 5 x 16 x 60 seconds rest (45 lb DB, 5 sets, 16 reps each, rest 60 seconds between sets)

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nia,

Great blog. Random question.
Any tips on talking to girls at the gym who train hard?

As someone who trains hard, I am attracted to them but don't want to disturb them. I know you've talked before about how you don't want to be bothered while working out. Any tips?

Thanks
Mark

Nia Shanks said...

Mark-

Well, not all women are as serious as I am when they train and so they may not mind talking while they train.

But, to be on the safe side, I would probably wait until they are done training and then initiate a conversation. I don't like being bothered while I train, but most women don't seem to mind.

Basically, to be on the safe side, wait until they are done with their workout, unless you see them talking to others while they train.

Good luck!!