Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Lesson

I strongly dislike the word cardio. More than that, I don't like the prefered methods of cardio.

For example: here's the quick workout I just performed.

1) Hang Snatches 30x6x5 - 30 seconds rest between sets

2) Overhead Squats 30x3x10 - 30 seconds rest between sets

Would you consider this a "cardio" (I prefer the term engergy systems training) workout? Probably not.

Why? Just because I didn't run on a treadmill or cruise along on an elliptical?

You don't have to do either of those things. In fact, I encourage you not to do those.

Today's workout was very short. I'm feeling a little sick, but I wanted to get my blood moving. The reason I did light snatches and overhead squats is because I want to improve my thoracic mobility, and I prefer these methods for conditioning.

So there you have it. You do not have to use a machine to get fat loss results. I'll give you more examples later.

No comments: