Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today's Workout and a Gym Lesson

Before I tell you about my workout, I have a simple gym lesson for you.

Do not sit down.

In this day and age, most people spend the majority of their day in a seated position. Why would you do more of this went you're at the gym?

Every person I saw in the gym today sat down after their sets. A set of bench-well, they remained seated.

Bicep curls-they sat down (if they were standing to begin with).

You name it; after ever set every person sat down.

I never sit down during my training sessions. I usually walk around in between sets. Sometimes I'll do small body part exercises in between to ensure I'm doing something. For example: I do calf raises between sets of squats.

There you have it. Do not sit down while you're at the gym.

Before I headed off to the gym I did some foam rolling and acute corrective exercises.

When I got to the gym I did some moblility exercises, and then it was time to get to the good stuff.

1a) Bench Press 110x5, 115x5, 120x3x5
1b) V Bar Row 60x8, 65x3x8

2a) Standing BB Overhead Press 75x6/5/5
2b) Pullups 8/7/5 (I like doing these after a lift that compresses the spine)

3a) EZ Bar Throat Crusher 40x10, 45x3x10
3b) DB Curl 25x8/7/5

4a) Muscle Snatch/Cuban Press 35lb bar x8/7/7
4b) GRH on Lat Pulldown (hey, it's good for something!) 3x7

5) 1 Leg Standing Calf Raise w/ 3 second pause 3x7 (I'm doing calf exercises on all lifting days in an effort to get some hypertrophy action!)

After that, I finished off with some stretching, and then it was a nice drive home with wind gusts over 40mph.

No comments: