Saturday, February 7, 2009
I'm doing 2 kettlebell workouts a week to improve my conditioning levels. As you probably know by now, I'm not one to do traditional "cardio" workouts. Running on a treadmill or even outside just doesn't work for me.
The exercises were performed in a circuit, with 40 seconds rest between exercises. I used a 35lb kettlebell.
1) 1 Arm Clean and Press - 3x7 each side
2) 1 Arm Bent Over Row - 10/10/8 each side
3) Side Plank - 3x30 seconds each side
4) 1 Arm Front Squat - 8/6/6 each side
5) Hand-to-Hand Swing - 12/12/10 each side
I rested 100 seconds between each circuit.
This definitely got my heart rate elevated (that's an understatement)!
After going through that 3 times, I did some exercises, just for fun.
1) Calf Jumps w/ 20 lb DBs - 3x15
2) Behind the Back Wrist Flexion - ~35lbs 3x12