Friday, February 6, 2009

Today's Workout

Before I went to the gym I did some work on the foam roller and tennis ball. After that, I went ahead and did some corrective exercises. I did these at home because I hate lying on the nasty gym floor.

I did quad stretches followed by X band walks, glute bridges, and clams.

For the upper body I did prone I's, Y's, and T's.

Once I got to the gym I did various mobility exercises.

1a) Sumo Deadlift (I haven't done these in a long time, so the weight was fairly easy so I could focus on my form) 185x4x5
1b) Standing Calf Raises feet in/out/straight 3x8 each direction

2a) Close Grip Bench 90x2x5, 95x3x5
2b) Sternum Chinups (first time doing these; they're TOUGH!) 6/5/5/4

3) RDL 165x3x6

4) Back Extension 20x12/12/10 (my whole posterior chain was smoked after these)

5a) Cable Pressdown 80x8/7
5b) DB Zottman Curl 20x2x8

Finished up with some stretching.

Awesome workout today! I kept the weights fairly easy so I could focus on my form. I'll bump everything up a notch next week.

Tomorrow I'll do a few circuits with my kettlebell.

No comments: