Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to Training Hard & Heavy

After a deload week it felt great to get back to lifting hard and heavy.

Here's how I started off this week of training

First thing this morning: 30 minute brisk walk

This afternoon:
1a) Standing Pin Press starting with bar at nose level - 95 x 5/4 (95 lbs, 5 reps on the first set, 4 reps on the second set), 100 x 3 singles

1b) Pullups with various grips - 5 sets

2) Standing Press - 75 x 8/7

3) Cable Pressdown - 3 sets

Quick and tough workout. Afterward I played racquetball; that is one of my favorite activities lately.

Couple of Notes: I am not going to be performing any more finishers for a while (burpees, swings, etc). Instead I am going to go on brisk walks a few mornings per week and focus on more enjoyable physical activities like hiking, racquetball, pick up basketball, etc. You don't have to "exercise" to lose weight and improve your health. Find an activity you enjoy and do it!

No comments: