Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bench, Rows, & Curls

Yesterday I went for an easy 45 minute walk in the morning. Great way to recover from the heavy deadlifts I did the day before.

Here's what I did a little while ago:

1a) Bench Pin Press - 135 x 4/3 (135 lbs, 4 reps 1st set, 3 reps 2nd set), 140 x 1, 145 x 1

1b) DB Row - 60 x 2 x 10, 50 x 15

2a) Bench - 120 x 6, 115 x 7

2b) Fat Bar Curl - 3 sets

3) I did a few sets of singles with deadlifts with 135 pounds. Nothing tough or strenuous by any means; I was just working on my form.

After that I played racquetball for a little while. I am completely addicted to it. : )

As for what I ate yesterday:
Meal 1 - 3 scrambled Organic eggs, sliced tomato, grapes and a plum
Meal 2 - Banana with peanut butter and more grapes
Meal 3 - Veggie soup and some popcorn

Here's what I've had so far today:
Meal 1 - Fruit & spinach shake. This was made with mixed frozen fruit (peaches, mangoes, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries), vanilla soy milk, a ripe banana, and a few handfuls of Organic spinach

Meal 2 - 2 bowls of frosted mini wheats with almond milk. So damn good.

Meal 3 - I haven't had it yet, but it will be the leftover veggie soup and probably some fruit

Tomorrow, I squat. : )

1 comment:

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

Plz forgive the double coverage (i.e., cross-posted on your main blog), but this seems like an important question:

With respect to recovering from your heavy deadlifts, you mention walking; however, I recently read about doing exercises that were in opposition or compliment - in other words, after you worked one side of the joints (bench press or triceps), that you should work the other side (pull ups, or bicep curls, for example) to retain balance.

(This seemed like a perfect 'Random Training Tip,' where I double-posted.)

** Question ** Is there some exercise in opposition to the deadlift that can "bring balance to the force," so to speak?

(I'm thinking that if I could somehow hang upside down, that would aid and abet the natural stretching out of the spine & other bones that are compressed in a deadlift.)

Thx 4 yr input here, Nia - sorry to be so verbose, but this may *save a life*.