Friday, October 8, 2010

FULL Squats & More

Another great day of training to end the week.

1) Squat - 140 x 2 x 4 (140lbs, 2 sets, 4 reps each), 120 x 6 I've been asked before how low I squat. Technically you could say I perform full squats; I got well below parallel. Why? Because stopping when my hips are just below my knees doesn't feel natural. Besides, I have the mobility to perform full squats, so the real question is "why not"?

2) RDL - I used 35lb plates for these to get a great range of motion - 145 x 12, 155 x 10

3) Steep Decline Weighted Situps - 2 sets

After that I tried to play a little racquetball. It's very tough to do after squats. : )

Oh, and for today's eating:
Meal 1 - Breakfast shake (similar to yesterday but I used frozen mixed berries this time)

Meal 2 (post workout) - cereal again; I wanted something quick and easy

Meal 3 - to be determined; I'm going out tonight and I'll probably get some salmon with steamed veggies. May not sound all that great, but I love it. Oh, and probably some coconut shrimp as well. ; )

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

You wrote in your Jun 24, 2009 article "27 of the Best Weight Loss Exercises," (http://www.thefatsolutions.com/blog/27+of+the+Best+Weight+Loss+Exercises) the following:

"19) Planks—front and side planks are great exercises for your core. You’ll engage more muscle from these exercises than you ever would with crunches or sit-ups; not to mention, these are much more beneficial and healthier for your core and spine."

However, in your Friday, October 8, 2010 post for your blog (http://niashanks.blogspot.com/), you did this exercise:

3) Steep Decline Weighted Situps - 2 sets

Could you clarify on your analysis of sit-ups?

Thx!

(-:/

Gordon Wayne Watts said...

I forgot -- I happen to remember that you are a proponant of the Incline Reverse Crunch, as you have listed in your Exercise index in the program I bought.

Since you seem to say the crunches are also bad, even though you seem to support them elsewhere, would you also clarify on the dangers, etc. of crunches.

Thx again.!