Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Little Change Up for Today's Upper Body Session

For yesterday's activity I went for a brisk 40 minute walk in the morning. I can't think of a better way to start the day than a nice walk in the beautiful Fall weather. Later on I washed and waxed my truck for a good 3.5 hours. That was more of a workout than I thought it would be.

Okay, so I changed things up a little for today's upper body training session. This is normally my bench day, but I'm taking a break from heavy bench presses for a while. Yes, I say that now, but I very well may change my mind in the next couple of weeks.

I'm trying to give my lower back a break during the week so I can go all-out on my deadlifts. Benching like a powerlifter (with an arch in your back) can make me feel beat up if I do it too heavy too many weeks in a row. My main concern right now is getting a bigger deadlift, so I'm willing to scale back on everything else to accomplish that goal.

So on that note, here's what I did today.

1a) TRX Pushup - 5 x 8 (5 sets, 8 reps each)

1b) Chest Supported Row - 5 sets

2a) TRX Extensions - 3 x 10

2b) Fat Bar Curl - 3 sets

This was a higher volume day than normal, but I wanted to give my body and joints a break from heavy lifting. I kept the pase quicker than normal, and really enjoyed that training session.

Afterwards I played a little racquetball, and I may end up playing again tonight.

No comments: