Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What I'm Eating, Heavy Rack Pulls & Other Stuff

Okay, once again I've been requested to post some meals I eat each day. So to kick it off, I'll share with you what I've had today and what I'm going to eat for dinner tonight.

First Meal - fruit & spinach shake: sounds kinda nasty, I know. But, I promise you can't taste the spinach. I started off with about a cup of vanilla soy milk, a cup or so of mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries), and then I threw in a ripe banana and some more blueberries. I blended that really well and then I added several dashes of cinnamon and a couple large handfuls of organic spinach. Blend until smooth and enjoy. : )

Second Meal - generic frosted mini wheats with unsweetened almond milk. This has always been my favorite cereal so I still have it about twice a week, usually after my lower body training sessions.

Tonight's Dinner - I'm gonna make us some omelets with organic eggs (WHOLE eggs, not egg whites), potatoes, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I also like to add some salsa on top. Yummy goodness. If I'm still hungry after the omelet I'll eat some fruit; probably grapes or a plum.

As you can see I prefer to eat 3 meals each day, not the typical "5-6 small meals" that most fitness experts recommend.

Okay, so now you got a glimpse of what I eat, so let's get on to today's training session.

1) Rack Pulls just below the knees - 285 x 3 x 5 (285 lbs, 3 sets, 5 reps each set)

2) Deadlift - 225 x 8

3a) BB Shrug - 185 x 2 x 10

3b) Negative Ab Wheel Rollout & Then Rollouts from Knees - 8-8, and 8-8. I performed 8 reps of negative ab wheel rollouts, rest a couple of seconds, and then performed 8 sets of rollouts from my knees. I did that twice.

After the training session I played a little bit a racquetball. I didn't have a whole lot of energy since I trained deadlifts.

Tomorrow is a much needed rest day. : )

No comments: